Last Updated: December 21, 2021
SCOPE OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE OR CANNOT BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE OR USE THE SERVICES. MOREOVER, MONARCH DOES NOT AND WILL NOT GRANT YOU ANY RIGHT OR LICENSE TO ACCESS, BROWSE OR THE SERVICES WITHOUT YOUR WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, EXCEPT AS WE MAY OTHERWISE PROVIDE FROM TIME TO TIME, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY IMMEDIATELY DEACTIVATE OR DELETE YOUR USER ACCOUNT AND ALL RELATED INFORMATION AND FILES IN YOUR USER ACCOUNT AND/OR RESTRICT ANY FURTHER ACCESS TO SUCH INFORMATION AND/OR FILES, OR OUR SERVICES, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using the Services. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Services. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. Monarch will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we may contact and/or cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
1. AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- User Agreement. By using the Services, you accept these Terms & Conditions and agree to be legally bound and to abide by the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein, just as if you had signed them.
- Changes to Terms & Conditions. From time to time, we may, in our sole discretion, change, modify, supplement or remove portions of these Terms & Conditions (“Additional Terms”). Such Additional Terms shall become effective upon posting by the Company on the Website, the App, via the Service or sending you an email or other notification. You will be deemed to have agreed to such Additional Terms by your decision to continue accessing the App or the Website or otherwise using any of the Services following the date in which such Additional Terms become effective. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website to check for any Additional Terms.
- Modification of Services. In our sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, we may discontinue, modify or alter any aspect of the Services provided to you, including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Services are available, (ii) restricting the amount of use permitted, (iii) restricting or terminating any user’s right to use the Services and (iv) changing any feature or functionality provided by the Services. You agree that any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Services may be affected without prior notice. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, our Services.
2. SUBSCRIPTIONS; BECOMING A PREMIUM SERVICE USER
Our Services consist of a free, limited version product (the “Basic Service”) and premium products and services with differing functionality based on the subscription level (the “Premium Service”). You do not have to become a Premium Service user to use the Services. However, if you are not a Premium Service user, you may be precluded from using certain portions, components, content, features, or resources of our Services. We reserve the right to eliminate or modify any or all of the functionality of the Basic Service at any time without any prior notice to you.
Whether or not you use the Basic Service or the Premium Service, you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with connecting to and using the Website and/or App, including without limitation all telephone access lines (including mobile data and data roaming charges, when applicable), telephone and/or internet service provider fees, telephone and computer equipment, sales/service taxes and any other fees and charges necessary to access our Website and/or App.
3. FEES, RENEWAL, CANCELLATIONS & REFUND POLICIES
If you are a subscriber to our Premium Service, you further agree as follows:
- Premium Service. If you are a Premium Service user, you will be responsible for the fixed and periodic charges and fees (including prepayment plan fees for multiple periods or recurring monthly fees, as applicable) you selected at the time of enrollment. Applicable taxes, and other charges and fees incurred in order to access the Premium Services may also apply.
- 14-Day Free Trial. So long as you are not in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we offer a full refund for those who sign up for a Premium Service and cancel within the first fourteen (14) days of your initial enrollment. We do not provide refunds or credits for any cancellations beyond this initial fourteen (14) day period, and any amounts paid prior to your cancellation will not be refunded.
- Payment Terms. If you elect to be a Premium Subscriber by enrolling through the Website and selecting a pricing option, you irrevocably and expressly authorize us to process credit or debit card transaction, as applicable, from the account that you have identified. You agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid, non-expired card on file with us while engaging in fee-based activities on our Services. You agree that if you do not maintain a valid, non-expired card on file with us during any billing attempt, you may be subject to interest and penalties as enumerated below and we may suspend or terminate your access to any such fee-based program upon any payment default. You irrevocably and expressly authorize us to withhold any monies and/or debit any monies from any account that you have identified for any charge backs, fees, costs, deductions, adjustments, and any other amounts owed to us. We reserve our rights to all actions and remedies in connection with any monies owed to us. You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless for any claims, demands or causes of actions that we take toward any identified account pursuant to this Section.
- Unpaid Fees. If, for any reason, any fees you owe us have not been received or in any manner realized by us (“Unpaid Fees”), you agree to pay such Unpaid Fees immediately. In addition, we may charge interest, in the amount of 2.0% per month (or the maximum amount allowed by law), on any unpaid account balance that you maintain. Any partial payments made by Users will first be applied to the most recent fees owed to us, including interest. We reserve the right to waive or reduce the amount of any Unpaid Fees, penalties, or interest at any time. You also agree to pay any attorney fees, and other costs of collection incurred by us with respect to any Unpaid Fees. You also consent and authorize us, in our sole discretion, to make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, tax agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company agrees that it will not charge any late fees or interest to a User’s credit card.
- Correcting Mistakes in Payments. We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover. We will correct any processing errors by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the erroneous refund or reimbursement.
- Charges on Your Account. You are responsible for all charges incurred under your account made by you or anyone who uses your account. If your payment method fails or you are past due on amounts owed, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. Your account may be deactivated without notice to you if payment is past due, regardless of the dollar amount. You are also responsible for paying any taxes imposed on your use of the Services or any services contained therein, including, but not limited to, sales, use or value-added taxes. To the extent we are obligated to collect such taxes, the applicable tax will be added to your billing account.
- New Services/Fees. We may add new services for additional fees and charges, or add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in our sole discretion. In order to optimize the Services, we are constantly testing new initiatives and product offerings and may change the operation of the Services, including the order and manner in which advertisements appear on it, the way that services are delivered, and the way that new customers are charged for services. You agree that we may test, implement, remove or modify features on the Services at any time without notice.
4. USER ACCOUNT AND SECURITY
In connection with your use of certain features of the Services, you will be required to complete a registration form. You are responsible for all materials, works of authorship (including images and writings), data (including business, career and financial information), and other information (collectively, “Data”) uploaded, posted, transmitted or stored on the Services by you or through your use of the Services. You represent and warrant that all user information and Data you provide on the enrollment form or otherwise in connection with your use of the Services will be current, complete and accurate. You hereby grant Monarch a non-exclusive, royalty-free license, with rights to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, display, perform and create derivative works of the Data for purposes of providing the Services and otherwise performing and exercising its rights under these Terms & Conditions.
As a registered user of the Services, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user account information, including your user password. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You may not use the account or user name of any other user of the Services at any time. You must notify us immediately in the event of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your user account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your or anyone else’s user account information.
You are also entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your user account. We will not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. You may also be held liable for any losses incurred by Monarch, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account.
5. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM MONARCH.
By using the Service, you consent to receiving certain electronic communications from us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that those communications be in writing.
6. LIMITED LICENSE
Subject to your continued compliance with the Terms & Conditions, including without limitation the timely payment of all applicable fees, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully revocable, limited license to access and use our Services. Your use is limited for your personal, noncommercial use only.
The Services, or any portion thereof, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Monarch. Furthermore, except for the limited rights granted in this Section, you will not (and will not encourage or assist any third party to): (i) modify, alter, tamper with, repair or otherwise create derivative works of the Services or any software or technology included in or used or distributed by Monarch to provide the Services; or (ii) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Services, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for the Services.
7. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT
You acknowledge that our Services contain content, information, software, photos, videos, text, graphics, music, sounds, questions, creative suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, notes, drawings, articles and other materials (collectively, “Content”) that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed. All Content is copyrighted under the United States copyright laws (and, if applicable, similar foreign laws), and we own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. All trademarks appearing on the Services are trademarks of their respective owners. The Monarch Marks (hereinafter defined) are tradename and the registered trademark and service mark of Monarch.
Our commercial partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, contractors and other third parties may also have additional proprietary rights in the Content which they make available on our Services. You may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part. When Content is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet or any other mobile device, you do not obtain any ownership interest in such Content. Modification of the Content or use of the Content for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, use of any Content in printed form or on any other applications or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited unless you receive our prior written consent.
We may at any time suspend your use of the Services and/or remove or disable any Content as to which we reasonably and in good faith believe is in violation of any of these Terms & Conditions. We will provide you with notice of any such suspension or disablement before its implementation unless such suspension or disablement is necessary to comply with legal process, regulation, order or prevent imminent harm to the Services or any third party, in which case we will notify you to the extent allowed by applicable law of such suspension or disablement as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
8. USER CONTENT
- Agreement. You represent and warrant that, when using the Services, you will comply with all laws and regulations and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights or publicity or privacy, or in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Grant of License. To the extent permitted by law, you hereby grant Monarch, its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, service providers, partners, sublicensees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Monarch Parties”) a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, assignable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license (as well as consent) to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, edit, reformat, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise use any User Content (in whole or in part and with or without the use of your name) worldwide and/or to incorporate the User Content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual and proprietary rights (collectively, the “Rights”) that may exist in such User Content.
- Definition. “User Content” is any content, materials or information (including without limitation, any text, information, graphics, messages, photos, images), data (including the Data), questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including career information, proprietary business information, personal relationship information, employment history, job experience, financial information and personally identifiable information that you upload, send, email, display, perform, distribute, post or otherwise transmit to us, at our request or on your own, on, or through the Services, whether in connection with your use of the Services or through the use of any Third Party Websites or Third Party Services or otherwise, and whether publicly posted or privately transmitted.
YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOUR BEAR THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DO NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
We are not responsible for maintaining a copy of any material we remove from our Services, and we are not liable for any loss you incur in the event that User Content you post or transmit to our Services is removed.
Monarch reserves the right to (i) remove, suspend, edit or modify any User Content in its sole discretion at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such User Content or if Monarch is concerned that you may have violated these Terms & Conditions), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove, suspend or block any User Content. Monarch also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as Monarch reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms & Conditions, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Monarch, its users and the public.
You acknowledge that all User Content are the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Content that you post, email or otherwise transmit through Services. We do not control the User Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted on our Services by others and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content. Although we have adopted community standards and conduct guidelines for the users of the Services (as described below), you understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that are offensive or objectionable.
MONARCH DISCLAIMS ANY PERCEIVED, IMPLIED OR ACTUAL DUTY TO MONITOR THE USER CONTENT, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY USER CONTENT (OTHER THAN FOR CONTENT DEVELOPED BY US), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY USER CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY USER CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED OR OTHERWISE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE CONTENT
Certain Content provided in the Website and/or App include links to websites of third parties (“Third-Party Websites”), some of whom may have established relationships with Monarch and some of whom may not. We do not have control over the content and performance of Third-Party Websites.
MONARCH HAS NOT REVIEWED, AND CANNOT REVIEW OR CONTROL, ALL OF THE MATERIAL, INCLUDING COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES, MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR) ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE FROM SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. ACCORDINGLY, MONARCH DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR ENDORSE ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, OR THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, CONTENT, FITNESS, LAWFULNESS OR QUALITY OF THE INFORMATION MATERIAL, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. MONARCH DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON, ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY LINK TO SUCH CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES).
10. COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND CONDUCT GUIDELINES
You agree that you will not (and/or will not use the Website, the App and/or any part of our Services to):
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any User Content or other materials that:
- are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, inflammatory, offensive, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, slanderous, discriminatory, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion);
- contain adult content, including obscene, pornographic, and/or sexual terms, descriptions and/or images, nudity, profanity or graphic violence;
- incite or encourage criminal or terrorist activities or physical harm against another;
- exploit political agendas or “hot button” issues for commercial use; or that contain hate speech or discriminate against an individual or group based upon the race, sex, national original, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, or language of an individual or group;
- are not your own, or that you do not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party or that are deceptive, misleading or fraudulent or that may otherwise be unlawful or give rise to civil or criminal liability;
- involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “phishing,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- contain software viruses, spyware, adware, worms, or any other computer malware or malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
2. Harm minors in any way, or solicit or otherwise attempt to gain any information from a minor;
3. Advertise or otherwise solicit funds or constitute a solicitation for goods or services;
4. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to any user of the Services, a director, officer, employee, shareholder, agent or representative of Monarch, our customers or any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Monarch;
5. Provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to Monarch or any other user of the Services;
6. Create more than one unique public profile or register for more than one account except as specifically permitted in these Terms & Services, create an account on behalf of someone else, or create a false or misleading identity on the Services;
7. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content or other materials transmitted to or through the Services;
8. Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Services or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
9. Use or affect the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or its functionality, or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue (including, without limitation, “flooding,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”), or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects or otherwise diminishes the quality of another user’s experience of the Services;
10. Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
11. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law;
12. “Stalk” or otherwise harass another user or employee of the Services;
13. Solicit, collect or post personal data or attempt to solicit, collect or post personal data about other users of the Services, including usernames or passwords;
14. Access or attempt to access another user’s account without his or her consent;
15. Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the App, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for the App or any portion of the Services; or
16. Assign, transfer or sublicense your rights as a registered user of the Services.
Your privilege to use the Services (including your ability to contribute to the Public Forum or communicate with Monarch and/or other users of the Monarch Services) depends on your compliance with the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above. We may revoke your privileges to use all or a portion of the Services and/or take any other appropriate measures to enforce these community standards and conduct guidelines if violations are brought to our attention. Further, if you fail to adhere to our community standards and conduct guidelines, or any part of these Terms & Conditions, we may terminate, in our sole discretion, your use of, or participation in, any Public Forum or the Services. Any violation of this section may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE HELD LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY MONARCH, OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES, OR THIRD PARTIES AS THE RESULT OF YOUR REMARKS, INFORMATION, FEEDBACK OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY PUBLIC FORUM) THAT IS DEEMED DEFAMATORY OR OTHERWISE LEGALLY ACTIONABLE. MONARCH IS NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE, NOR CAN IT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION TO ANY DEFAMATORY OR OTHERWISE LEGALLY ACTIONABLE REMARKS, INFORMATION, FEEDBACK OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES.
11. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
MONARCH, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MONARCH, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER MONARCH, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATIONS OR ANY FUNCTION CONTAINED IN THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
ANY PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT AND MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR DEVICES OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT OR MATERIAL.
NEITHER MONARCH, ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS IN THE SERVICES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE CANNOT REPLACE OR SUBSTITUTE FOR THE SERVICES OF TRAINED PROFESSIONALS IN ANY FIELD, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FINANCIAL, MEDICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, OR LEGAL MATTERS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU SHOULD REGULARLY CONSULT A DOCTOR IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH, PARTICULARLY CONCERNING ANY SYMPTOMS THAT MAY REQUIRE DIAGNOSIS OR MEDICAL ATTENTION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING ANY TREATMENT, ACTION, OR APPLICATION OF MEDICATION OR PREPARATION BY ANY PERSON FOLLOWING THE INFORMATION OFFERED OR PROVIDED WITHIN OR THROUGH THIS SITE. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR DECISIONS, ACTIONS AND RESULTS IN LIFE, AND BY YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO ATTEMPT TO HOLD US LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH DECISIONS, ACTIONS OR RESULTS, AT ANY TIME, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OUR PERSONNEL OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
12. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND DATA COLLECTION
Certain features, aspects, software products and services offered through the Services are provided, in whole or in part, by third parties (“Third-Party Services” as provided by “Third-Party Service Providers”). In order to use Third-Party Services, you may be required to enter into additional terms and conditions with Third-Party Service Providers. Our Terms & Conditions apply only to the Services, and not to the applications, websites or other services provided by any other person or entity, and your right to use such Third Party Services as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the third party license applicable to such Third-Party Services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse (and are not responsible or liable for) any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such apps or resources. In the event of a conflict between the terms of these Terms & Conditions and the terms of such third party licenses, the terms of the third party licenses shall control with regard to your use of the relevant Third Party Service.
MONARCH DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, RESULTING FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON, ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON ANY SUCH SERVICES OR RESOURCES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY LINK TO SUCH CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES) OR (II) YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED OR USED BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MONARCH, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (B) THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE, OUR APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS LINKED TO OUR APPLICATIONS, (C) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICES; OR (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES.
YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY MONARCH, ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF MONARCH'S AND ITS AFFILIATES’ OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR LOSSES FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF SERVICES OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF MONARCH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) RELATING TO OR ARISING UNDER THE SERVICES OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS FROM THE DATE SUCH LIABILITY AROSE. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN MONARCH AND YOU. THE SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES, OR THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND PERMANENTLY BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Software. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Monarch (and, where applicable, its licensors). Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Website and/or App and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Website and/or App are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Monarch and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions, you are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Services by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms & Conditions are hereby reserved and retained by Monarch.
- Trademarks. The terms MONARCH and MONARCH RESULTS COACHING, our related logo, the slogan "DO IT, DELEGATE OR DITCH IT!" and any other marks that Monarch adopts and uses from time to time (collectively, the “Monarch Marks”) are trademarks of Monarch or its Affiliates. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos and domain names appearing on the Website, App or in other Content provided to you may be the trademarks of third-parties. Neither your use of the Services, nor these Terms & Conditions, grant you any right, title or interest in or to, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the Monarch Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the Monarch Marks generated as a result of your use of the Services will inure to the benefit of Monarch and you agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to Monarch. You shall not at any time, nor shall you assist others to, challenge Monarch's right, title, or interest in or to, or the validity of, the Monarch Marks.
- Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice. All content and other materials available through the Services, including without limitation the Monarch logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof, are either owned by Monarch or are the property of Monarch's licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither your use of the Services nor these Terms & Conditions grant you any right, title or interest in or to any such content or materials.
Without limiting any indemnification provisions of these Terms & Conditions, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our option, defend Monarch and our affiliates, and our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, stockholders, managers, agents and representatives (collectively, “Monarch Indemnified Parties”) from any and all third party claims, actions, demands, causes of action, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) (collectively, “Claims”) arising from (i) your improper use of the Services or our products or offerings, (ii) your violation of these Terms & Conditions, (iii) your provision to Monarch or any of the Indemnified Parties of information or other data, (iv) your infringement or alleged infringement, or the infringement or use (or alleged infringement or alleged use) by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or (v) your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation.
The Indemnified Parties will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by you of any Claim as to which you are required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Indemnified Parties. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms and Conditions or the Services shall be instituted exclusively in the state and federal courts located in New York City. You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
17. GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS
The owner of the Services is based in the United States. We provide the Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18. TERM AND TERMINATION
- Termination. These Terms & Conditions will remain in full force and effect while you use our Services (including our Website and Apps). We may terminate your use of, or access to, the Service in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- Effect of Termination; Survival. Termination of these Terms & Conditions automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to you under these Terms & Conditions, including all rights to use the Services, except that all terms that by their nature may survive termination shall be deemed to survive such termination (including, without limitation, intellectual property, disclaimers, limitations of liability, User Content license, governing law and venue). Subsequent to termination, Monarch reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent your unauthorized use of the Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with your Internet Service Provider.
- Legal Action. If we, in our sole discretion, take legal action against you in connection with any actual or suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will be entitled to recover from you as part of such legal action, and you agree to pay, our reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The Monarch Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to you or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of these Terms & Conditions.
19. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
If any provision of these terms shall be found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, invalid, void or voidable, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and licensees.
The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of these Terms & Conditions, or to exercise any right under the Terms & Conditions, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect.
If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms & Conditions will continue in full force and effect.